8. I Feel Such a Strangeness
[A new missionary ponders his call]
I feel such a strangeness is coming upon me.
To explain my amazement I have no words to speak.
A new sense of wonder envelops my spirit.
Could the Lord use a servant so foolish and weak?
I think of my family, and memories of childhood.
With awe, I recall all the great souls I’ve known.
I fear I lack merit; I’m a profitless servant.
My frailties outweigh any promise I’ve shown.
God taught love and patience through all my existence.
Again and again He’s invited me come,
To change through His care and His perfect forgiveness.
He has made me a place in His plan with His son.
How can I repay all the good things He’s given?
How can I attempt to be worthy of grace?
I have pledged all I am to the Kingdom He’s building.
With the righteous who serve Him, I shall yet see His face.
By my life I will honor the Father of spirits.
I shall hasten to heed this new call that I hear.
I shall cry with His voice to my brothers and sisters.
With the power of His priesthood, I have nothing to fear.
Unlimited non-commercial usage allowed.
Doctrine & Covenants 11:27-30
27. “Behold, I speak unto all who have good desires, and have thrust in their sickle to reap.
28. "Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I am the life and the light of the world.
29. "I am the same who came unto mine own and mine own received me not;
30. "But verily, verily, I say unto you, that as many as receive me, to them will I give power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on my name. Amen.”